Hello. My name is Ian McCarthy and I am Dublin based graphic designer working in the industry for over 15 years. Throughout this time I have had the opportunity to work with small and large companies and with this experience I have developed and enhanced my skills as a designer.
• Hard working, enthusiastic, conscientious, and proactive.
• Have the aptitude to learn rapidly and a very good eye for detail.
• Respond to briefs with original ideas, and comfortable seeing them through to delivery.
• Strong team player with ability to take instruction, lead when required, interpret briefs and exceed clients expectations.
• Take initiative on tasks and lead project through to its conclusion.
• Also happy at being actively involved with a team on delivering design solutions for clients.
• Good organisational skills.
• Experience in design of publications, reports, reports and branding.
• Implementing existing brands across all divisions.
• Production of artwork to a high standard.
• Liaise with printers/manufacturers to bring design to life, and altering design based on budget where necessary.
• Prioritise assignments and responsibilities, adhere to strict deadlines and working under pressure while not compromising quality.
• Experienced in multi-disciplinary agencies and working in different environments with new clients.
• Full range of Adobe Creative Suite applications with strong InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop skills.
• Upskilled in content management systems Joomla and WordPress and animation player Flash.
• Eager to learn new skills and expand knowledge of other areas. July 2017 – Present: Irish Life (Contract) March 2013 – June 2017: The Discovery Programme.
• Eager to learn new skills and expand knowledge of other areas.
July 2017 – Present: Irish Life (Contract)
March 2013 – June 2017: The Discovery Programme.
November 2011- March 2013: Freelancing in agencies including Dynamo, The Giraffe Agency, Brand Image, OB Expo, Airborne Creative. Dee Runway, The Pop Company and Red Start.
April 2003 – October 2011: Kingram Communications
July 2000 – March 2003: The Printed Image (Formely Marksell Hobson Morris).
Clients: Diageo, Unilever. Eason, Tesco, Irish Rail, Blossom Hill, RIA, Law Society of Ireland, BWG, Today FM, Newstalk, Value Centre while also working for smaller upstart companies.
Call +353 87 783 1909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org